I brought this protein snack to MuckFest and everyone loved it so I thought I would share it with you!
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 serving whey protein powder
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup puffed rice cereal
- Microwave almond butter and honey in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir.
- Add chocolate chips and protein powder, stir until well mixed.
- Add almonds and pumpkin seeds, stir until well mixed.
- Add old fashioned oats and puffed rice cereal, stir until well mixed.
- Form into ~2 tbsp. size balls. ~25 balls.
- Place in airtight container and store in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Optional: After being in the fridge for a few hours, I normally cut the balls into quarters so that they are easier to eat.
~If the mixture seems too dry, you can add more almond butter and/or honey. If it seems too gooey, add more old fashioned oats and/or puffed rice cereal.
Warning: This snack almost tastes too good! Proceed with caution!
Recipe loosely adapted from USOC Sports Nutrition.